Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sunday Scribblings # 103


I Just Don't Get It


That is the topic for this week. And there are quite a few things I don't get. I think I will just make a list and leave it at that.

  • I don't understand why people dress their pets (dogs, cats, etc) in costumes for holiday's.
  • I don't understand why other people think they can tell me how to talk/dress/feed/etc my child
  • I don't understand why people can't understand that yes I am not religious but spiritual and those are not the same thing.
  • I don't understand why people insist on pushing religion on my daughter and myself.
  • I don't understand how my friend K can have so many animals in her house but not open any windows
  • I don't understand how I can love ketchup and salsa but won't eat raw tomatoes in my salad or on a sandwich
  • I don't understand how you can be against abortion but for the death penalty.
  • I don't understand how it is that I can't remember what happened last week but i remember getting raped.
  • I don't understand how I will rise my daughter to be a good person.
  • I don't understand how I can sleep thru the alarm clock when it's right over my head
  • Or how my husband can sleep thru my playing loudly in the living room while he sleeps on the recliner.
I know there is more I don't understand but that's all I can think of tonight. I might have to come back and add to it in a day or two.