Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Do a little dance......

I am dancing over here. I am so happy that Obama won the election, even if all the votes aren't counted yet. This is still a historical, and personal, day for the country. There are plenty of people out there that are happy and then there are a lot that are pissed for whatever reason. I don't know everyone so I am not going speculate as to why they voted the way they did. I took Savie with me to drop off my ballot and she was interested in what was going on on. I let her give them my ballot and she got her sticker that said she voted and she was very proud of herself. While we were out shopping she had to show everyone her sticker and try to say "Obama". It was very cute. I am very proud of her.

But then I am sad. There was a proposition here in AZ that I don't agree with. I'm only going to go into a little detail on it because I don't want to offend anyone or get a bunch of emails/comments about it. It's Proposition 102 and it effectively bans same-sex marriage's here. Personally I have always felt that marriage is between 2 people not 3, I'm kinda surprised that some people didn't think of it that way, wanting it to be monogamous and all. (My attempt at humor on the subject). But this is a topic best left for another day.
Today is day that we need to come together and get behind our new President. Even Bush has so far.