Friday, February 23, 2007

It takes a village.......

to raise a child as the saying goes and I love that saying. I joke with Mike that Savie is a "community child" . When I say that I mean that she is comfortable with the other moms at the library or at the park or even with Chester, Mike's friend. Just yesterday she took Chet's hand and walked out to the truck without Mike or I being out there, like it was just so normal to do. Then today we went to the park, since we have been in the house for most of the week, we met one of the other mom's mother-in-law for the first time and she was fine. She walked away from me and took this woman's hand and pulled her off to play with her and her "boyfriend". For about 10 minutes I wasn't paying attention to her, because she was with another mom, but when I looked over to she what she was up to, she was being held by the mil!!!!!!! I was laughing so hard, so cracks me up. But try to touch her or talk to her somewhere else or if she doesn't know you and she pulls away. So at least she knows the difference between a "good" person and a "bad" person.