Saturday, February 24, 2007

What a weekend

First Thursday night I heard a mouse in the cabinet knawing on something, so of course I got all freaked out and wanted Mike to find it and do something about it but since he's sick hewouldn't get up and do something about it. So I had to listen to the mouse all.......night.........long. Even when I got up to go to the bathroom around 2am I could still hear it, yuck!!!!!! So Friday, on the way back from Kiddie Gym with Savie, we stopped at Safeway to buy some mousetraps. Then Mike came home and set them before he went to the mountain, amazing how he wasn't to sick for that huh? Well he left and Savie was down for her nap when I heard it again, but this time I wasn't that worried since the traps were set and I knew that it was gong to get caught soon. Well I stood up to go to the bathroom and was on the stove!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yuck yuck yuck that's all I can say. I was so freaked out that I woke up Savie, grabbed my purse and left the house. I even took Halley with me. I had no idea what I was going to do since Mike wasn't coming back until Sat and my landlord Mat was still at work.
Well I decided to go ahead and see if his son was home and have re-set the traps for me but his truck wasn't at their house (they live around the corner from us so when I leave I can see who's car is home). So I decided to go ahead and see Mat at work. He was great, he only laughed at me a little when I told him where the mouse was but he said he'd be right over after he was off and take care of it. So Savie and I went to the store to get a few things and wait for Mat to come over.
He found where the mouse was living, in the stove under the cover, he as building a nest if you can believe it right there. Mat showed me where it was and even scared the mouse out for a minute before he finished vaccumming and gave me some mousebait to put there. So I was much better Friday night knowing that 1) the mouse wasn't there 2) there was mousebait out for it.

So Saturday morning comes and we need to go to Walmart so I can buy some more yarn for Savie's robe. Everything was great until we left to come home. Savie was whining that she wanted to have something to drink so I pulled over a flat tire!!!!!! Completely totally flat!!!!!!! I have no idea what I ran over but it killed my tire and I didn't have my AAA card on me so I had no clue what to do. Well after crying in the car for a minute, I finally decided to go back to Walmart and use their phone book to call someone even though it was a mile walk back to Walmart. Just as I walked away from the car a Border Patrol Jeep came driving up and then my landlord's wife Mary drove up as well. So long story short, I know a little late for that, AAA showed up and changed the tire and Savie was great. She sat in the car with Mary while I dealt with the truckdriver and then we came home. So now we are home, safe and sound. Good thing I didn't wait for Mike to get home there was a message on the machine saying that they are staying in mountains for another night. Thank goodness for Mary. lol