Monday, March 19, 2007

Sounds familiar

Finally another mom who knows how I feel about Savie's not talking. I was wondering around the other moms from 5 minutes for Mom main page and I was looking around at Flip Flop Momma's blog . She was talking about the check-up she had for her 15 month old and they were talking about her 'not talking'. I know how she feels. This is the same thing I felt when I left the Dr.'s office after Savie's last visit. I felt like there must be something wrong with me because am the one with her all day, everyday and yet here she is at 24 months and still not talking. But then I got to thinking about all the things she is doing. She's interested in reading to herself or Halley (our dog) or one of her stuffed animals, she's coloring by herself, very concerned with what other kids at the library/park/whatever are doing and is more than happy to just run up to any kid in the grocery store and "talk" to them, so it's not like she's not aware of what is going on.

This past Wed I had to leave her with a friend for 2 hours, this is a first for both of us. usually I will leave her with Mike but he had to work so I left her with a friend and when I came back to get he she told me that she was very helpful, said 'please' and 'thank you' a lot, colored and did all the things a kid does. This made me feel so much better about leaving her. Off to do a few more things.