Saturday, May 24, 2008

Everything is ok.......kinda

I wish I could say that everything is ok, that I'm doing great but that is not the case. As some of you know I was planning on going to school to become a preschool/kindergarten teacher. That is part of the reason Savie and I have been going to school for the past month or so. It's great for her and it's great experience for me. I love being there and playing with the kids, even if they are having a bad day. But here's the problem. It was almost $500 for 2 classes. Yeah a minor heartache there for me. it's been years since I was in school so paying that much for 2 classes is a lot to me, that's almost what we pay for rent for our place. But I thought we could do it but I forgot about books so that's almost another $200. And what has really put me in a funk about the whole thing is that I forgot to pay the Cable and cell phone bill. So what I just spent on school, for an 8 week session, could have paid both of those bills and still had some left over.

I think the other reason this is really bumming me out is that hubby hurt his back earlier this week and is having a hard time walking let along working and so far there is nothing new coming in. (Oh I forgot to mention that I placed an ad in one of the papers for a month so that should help some) But wait there's one more. Murphy's Law says all bad things come in three's. I am sick. Have been since Friday morning. I was hoping that it was just allergies and I could still go to "work" but when I went to bed on Thurs., at 5pm mind you, I was just feeling so icky. And I am one of those people that doesn't like to be around people when I am stuffy, hot, icky, uncomfortable, etc. I woke up with a runny nose, slight fever, and coughing. I was not going to be around those kids and make any of them sick so I took Savie to school and laid down trying to sleep (see this post to find out why) and then went back to get her. I still felt icky and the weather wasn't helping with that at all.


For the past 5 days we have been under a windy advisory which means that the wind can get up to 50 MPH. Joy right? Isn't that a tornado in some areas? I thought we got off lucky and there was no wind damage to our house at all but that is not the case. True this is an old mobile home and there are lots of things that need to be fixed but the only thing that broke off was a cheap plastic fake window shutter (if you really want to see a picture let me know). That's it, which is pretty good considering that the dance studio lost some windows (up to high for the kids to hurt themselves thank goodness), a church down the street had a tree fall on top of them, and a couple of down fences. It was just a bad storm to be in ans being sick at the same time does not help any ones mood.

So I am sitting here trying not to cry because I can't go to school this session, I'm sick and the weather is crappy.