Monday, May 12, 2008

Paper Towel Challenge

I must have been really distracted this past week. In an effort to be more green I signed up for a great challenge over at Tree Hugging Family, a paper towel challenge. This is something that I really want to do, we go thru to many paper towels anyways. I know this because the have been a few nights when paper towels have ended up in our bed, lol.

so this is the challenge. Use less, or no, paper towels. Simple right. Not so, at least not at first. The first week, last week, was just to keep track of how and when you use them. I haven't done that, at all but let me see if I can list some uses off the top of my head.

  1. wiping down the cutting board. ( don't feel so great using a sponge for this)
  2. small spills on the table
  3. drying hands off because dish towel is missing
  4. napkin for meals
I think those are the ones that we do a lot. There are probably more but that's what comes to mind. This coming week the goal is to use less. i think I barely used a roll of paper towels. I don't use the regular ones but the select-a-size ones. For us it makes a difference. We have switched to cloth napkins but I have bought a lot of them, mainly because I can't find any that I really like, but I am looking. I like having cloth napkins instead of paper towels. My hand is starting to hurt so I will leave it at that. How about you? are you up for a challenge? can you use less? How about none?