Monday, May 5, 2008

Sunday Scribblings # 109

FAMILY


It's a wonderful thing. most of the time. When I first met a lot of the ladies that I am now friends with we did the usual conversation "Where did you grow up? Is your family near here?" etc. I have a short version of my answers of course (third of four girls, all my family is in CA, etc) even though I love to hear about other people's family I don't really want to bore people my story. It's not a boring story or anything but it's not interesting to me. It makes me wonder, what will my daughter tell people when they ask? Will she have good things to say? Or will it be about how she uses our dog as a horse? That she loves us just as much as we love her?

I think that she will have so many stories to tell her friends. We are a family of 4 and yes one of those four is a dog. Halley is just as much a part of the family as any Savie is. I laugh when I think about how I have to spell words, not because of Savie but because Halley knows the word, lol. Yes it may sound funny but it's the true. She has a big vocabulary for a dog her age and is so well behaved, when it's just us. I don't know what I will do when she is gone.

I know most of the time I don't make sense to her, or to myself halfway the time, but there is just so much that I want to say but I'm never totally sure if my family is reading this or not. It would make it easier for me to say what I need to say. Like I said I am the third of four and since my younger sister and i are close in age you would think that we would be a little closer but we aren't. We live in the same state but barely talk to each other, even with e-mails we barely talk. It's kinda sad when yo think about it. I wish we were closer, maybe not geographically, but emotionally. I wish that things were a little better than they are now but I have to take what I can get. I have to be happy with the family that I have now, my husband, my daughter and my dog (that doesn't sound good does it?). I just want my daughter to feel loved and wanted by the family , and also by the friends, that we have around us.