Friday, June 20, 2008

Challenges, challenges......and the heat to

Ok so I've said it before I am trying to be green and doing my part to be good to the earth. I am also doing two challenges. I know I've talked about one all lot, the BYOB challenge, but I don't think I've mentioned the other one just yet. It's almost over and I haven't said a word about it. It's a quickie of a challenge to, a 5 minute shower. Is that possible?

Yes it is. I have been trying it for the better part of the month and most days I do take a 5 minute shower. The day that I hurt my back I took an 8 minute shower and that's because my back was hurting me and I wasn't moving as fast as I normally do. It's a little harder to get Savie, my daughter to do it but it's getting easier. Hubby is not on board with this one and still walks out of the bedroom to take his clothes off. I just don't get it. But with the heat the way it is it's easier to get her in and out without a lot of water being used.

On that note, the National Weather Service has given the monsoon an official start and end day. It's a good thing and a bad thing. It's great that we have a date to start and we know what to expect after that day. The monsoon is a big deal around here since there are a lot of washes and draws, dry creek beds and the like, and there are also flash floods. We live near a wash and last year I heard a flash flood coming down in before I ran out to see what the noise was.It's quite a site to see that much water just coming at you.

Every year there are several people who think they can cross the wash/draw and get stuck or washed away. Last year we saw on the news that a family of 3 got stuck in a wash, a mother/father/child, where the child who was about 2 or 3 yr was washed away, just ripped out of the mother arms and the body still hasn't been found. It's sad. And it's not just family's or people there are also military personal who have lost their lives because of flash floods. But I need to change the subject and talk about happier things.

Because of the heat I finally broke down and bought Savie and pool for the backyard. Now before you think that I was just being a bad mommy by not putting one in wait until you see the pictures of the backyard. I had a hard time trying to decide where to put this. There wont be a lot of posts from me this summer because our house gets to be about 99 during the day and our swamp cooler doesn't blow as well as I would like it to. But I am hoping that once I get some curtains up there will be a change in the temp in here. I am hope, lol. Well I hope that everyone has a great day and I will post/talk to you later.