Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Today was going to be a good day. I had planned on taking a break from preschool and go to the movies. I thought it was about time for that big event in her life. I think this is about the age that I took my niece to her first. Plus the movie was only $1, yes you read that right $1. I was in love with that. All summer long on Wednes. I was really looking forward to this. We go there late (this time it was hubby's fault) so we rushed to get our tickets and find seats. Happy Feet started and I think about 15 minutes into the movie when it happened. The filmed burned.

I thought we were past the stage of having film reels in the theater but I guess I am wrong. We waited for a good 20 minutes to see if they would get it fixed but it turns out that this was the second time that this has happened. So we left. And got a rain check and we left. We went to the playgroup area and let the kids play for awhile, then we had lunch and went our separate ways. The cost of movies today:

Movie: $2 (refunded)
popcorn: $5.75
Lunch: $8.29
The time spent with friends: priceless
(yes, very MasterCard like I know)

Well I am hoping that next week when we go that things will work out for us but it was a good first time.