Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's a green, green world

I love a good challenge. I love green sites like this one and this one. I've done the paper towel challenge and did pretty well if I do say so myself. I used a roll and a half for the month which I think is pretty good for 3 people and have started using napkins for meals.

I love reading Tree Hugging Family, they have some great stuff. Cleaning supplies, crafts, and stuff like that. This months challenge is BYOB (Bring Your Own Bag) and I am doing pretty good at this one. A better start then last months challenge. I have at least 12 reusable bags in my car. Let's me break it down for you count wise.

  1. 8 Walmart bags
  2. 4 small bags
  3. 2 produce bags
  4. 3 coupon.com bags
I'm sorry how many is that? Is that more than 12? LOL. I have plenty of bags so this is an easy challenge. How about you guys? Can you cut down on your use of plastic bags? There are some really good articles about what happens with them when they are used. I mean we all know about how they look flying thru the air during a wind storm or just a windy day, think about what they look to sea animals, and how long it takes for them to breakdown. Just some interesting reading, head over to THF for some reading.