Monday, August 25, 2008

Heads Or Tails #4

This weeks H O T is talk. There are a couple of times when I was worried about my daughter and "talking".

I remember when I was waiting for my daughter, who is now almost 4, to talk. She was always a babbling little thing, making nosies and 'talking" to herself but I wanted a 'real" word. You know, I wanted to her "momma" or "dada" those were the words I was hoping to hear. I think she was just over a year old.

Now that she is talking, and doing a lot of it, now other people are saying that there is something wrong with the way she talks. Yes she is a little hard to understand sometimes but what kid at this age is completely understandable? I know that if you take the time to listen to her talk, you can understand her. It's just a matter of having the patience to listen. I know that in a couple of years from now I will be asking her to talk to me and then want her to stop talking all together, lol. But for now I am going to enjoy the talks that we have, especially the silly ones.