Thursday, August 21, 2008

A slow day for me

I picked up my car today!!!!! I was so happy (can you see me jumping for joy? lol) I was finally able to take that yucky car back, not that it was really bad or anything but it's a car not an SUV. So since I was in town I thought I might as well hit CVS and stock up on Kleenex since it was on sale for $.88 a box. I don't CVS very often, mainly because it's usually stuff I don't need or buy (ie makeup, baby products) but I think I did pretty good.

8 Puffs Basic Kleenex @ $1.69 each= $13.42
on sale for $.88 = $7.02 Savings $6.48
CVS toothbrush 1@ 2/$3.00 = $1.50
receipt coupon = $1.50 Savings $1.99
Puffs Kleenex = $2.29

Total amount paid $10.06 amount saved $8.47

Not bad, huh?


So I don't know if I have mention this or not but Savie is learning to spell words. We do it at school and she has really gotten into watching WordWorld. It's a good show, I like it and it works. Well while we were out I wasn't paying a lot of attention to what Savie was doing while she was in the shopping cart. If you've ever seen the show you know about "build a word" well she was sitting in the cart and saying letters but I wasn't listening until I saw what she was doing. It was so cute. I told her she didn't have the right letters to make a "pool" for her puppy so we needed to find them in the store. We found the letters (she picked letters off of clothes hanging on the rack, lol) and "built a word" in the shopping cart. It was so cute I wish I had video of it. But then about 15 minutes later she got me really good. Busted my lip and made me bleed. It went from a great moment to a bad one. Oh well at least the swelling has gone down. So what did you do today?