Wednesday, January 9, 2008

what a day

Today was a great day. We were suppose to go hiking today with some of the other moms but it fell apart so Savie and I went by ourselves. It was a good day for it. I know the place, we tried it last year with a friend last year but we only made it about 5 minutes, lol.

It's at the pass here in town, which is nice since I brought our dog along with us. She had been left out for so long, not going on walks, being locked in the house because it's cold. So off we went on a good hike.

We had a late start, didn't leave the house until about 10:30 and still needed to gas up (not a good thing to drive to the top of a mountain when your 'check gauge' light is on, lol). Halley was every happy to be in the car to the point that she almost fell out, lol. We got to the spot and Savie kept asking me 'where are we going?" It was to cute, even though I had told her several times that we are going for a hike (we can't say walk around Halley, she knows the word and goes crazy). Out of the car we go, oops wait a minute forgot the camera, gotta take pictures of the sites and scenery. So we set out again, this time with camera in tow. Halley was her usual happy self when we are out, Savie was more interested in picking up sticks then looking around. We walked down the trail for about 30 min before we walked back to the car. Got some great shots of her climbing a mountain and sitting next to a small tree and then in a tunnel we found. I will have to post them later. I am to tired to go out to the car and get the camera.

I needed the walk. I need to lose the weight that I've gain over the past 2 years from doing nothing. Savie and I are going to be doing this more often, at least until it gets to cold for it. But I think that the worst of our winter is over since today was a nice 60 degree's with no wind. I'm hoping that maybe even try again this weekend. Let's hope.