Thursday, July 24, 2008

It was going to happen....

i knew this would happen sooner or later. Halley was attacked by javelina's two nights ago.

***WARNING***
***GRAPHIC PICTURES AND DETAILS***

The other night there was a big storm and I wanted to get some pictures of it. (I did and they are cool) and then we came back in. After the storm, about 3 hrs later, hubby let Halley out to go potty but didn't close the gate. I walked out a minute or so after her and was looking around. I turned around to say something to hubby thru the window when I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. I turned around in time to see Halley lunge for something around the bend of the road. I yelled for her to come back but she didn't and then I saw it. A javelina. I yelled two more times, yelled for hubby, and then yelled again for Halley. Another one came out of the bushes on the other side of the street and I turned to yell again. By the time hubby came running out of the house to help I saw at least 4 of them surrounding Halley. I screamed and ran. Hubby finally got her away from them and I grabbed her by her collar and pulled her inside.

When I pulled her into the house and saw it, it was bad. She had major bites and a big puncture wound in her neck. It took 30 minutes to get the bleeding to stop. I had to go to a friends house to get more gauze. I parked outside my gate because I just wanted to get home. I called to a after hours vet but never got an answer, and then I had to call a vet in Tucson (which is 2 hrs away!!!!) I wasn't getting an answer or help and Halley was not looking good. We finally got he bleeding stopped and I wrapped her neck. That was the good thing, the bad thing. Savie woke up during the fight outside. It's about 9:30p at this point and so now she is awake, scared, and not happy. I can't comfort her because I'm worried about Halley, hubby is working on her to.

I spent the night on the couch next to her bed checking on her. It was a long night. When hubby finally got up the next morning I took a shower and got Savie up for school. I packed a lunch, got her dressed, got myself some coffee and started to wash dishes when.......BANG!!!!!!!!! My neighbor from down the street ran into my car.

Yes that's what I said, ran into the back of my car. I wasn't parked out in the road. Several cars had already driven by my car and didn't hit me. It was just not the way I wanted my day to start. So now not only do I have to take my dog to the vet to get put back together but now I have to take my car in to be looked at.


I got Halley in and they looked at her, gave me an estimate of at least $700. I left her at the vets drove down the street to get my car looked at and that was about $1,700.00 but I still haven't called my insurance company to tell them about it. I figured my dog was a little more important then my car.

In the link the first one is the storm and then pictures of Halley.