Monday, July 7, 2008

UGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

I'm a little offended. Not by anything online but by what a "friend" has implied of me. Now I understand that she has worked hard to be able to take care of these puppies and of course she is very attached to them but to call me and tell me that she thinks one of them may have Parvo and that I may be the one to bring it to her house is just a little rude. (if you don't know what I'm talking about read this post and then this one)

Now I can't fully understand how she would feel about the puppies dying or getting this sick since I have never had any contact with Parvo until now. And after last summer I really don't know what to make of it, it's a horrible thing. I saw the puppies after they died, I mean I help feed them!!! But she even said it herself some of them were just to young to begin with.

Now here is my problem. I got a call from her on my answering machine saying, as nicely as she could put it, that one of the puppies was sick and that it might be Parvo. He's acting that way, not eating, etc. That the dogs that I petted that smelled really bad might of had it and that is why you never go to a pound/shelter etc and then come to a house where there are puppies under a year. That even though I washed my hands that it might have come into her house on my shoes.

Now here is where I have a problem. Yes, I touched dogs that were really smelly, while I was at the dump. A place I go to at least one a week for recyclables. And have been there at least 6 more times since I ran into those dogs. Who by the way, have not had a bath all year (according to the owners) and walked over 10 miles thru who knows what, over 2 months ago. Now I don't know how long it takes for a dog to show signs of Parvo once it's been exposed but I was under the impression that it was faster that that.

As much as she wants to tell me not to do this or I should give Halley that she doesn't listen when I tell her not to give Savie something. She treats her dogs, all 9 of them, like kids and doesn't want me to spoil them or give them something bad but when I tell her not to give Savie candy/chocolate/pasta salad she ignores it. I don't know what else to say to her.

Friday was a perfect example. Savie is still sick and on antibiotics so I don't want to give her complex food and upset her stomach. We only went to the parade because she asked for it and then I had to go to the store so we stopped at her place to give her some stuff. While there she kept insisting that Savie take home a plate. I told her no, several times, that she is sick and I don't want complex food in her right now. "Oh well give it to hubby, he might like it." Hubby doesn't want anything from her let alone a plate of food that he can't chew. It's sitting in my fridge and will get tossed out. Even after that she came outside and gave her a chocolate bar.

So let's have a recap. I may be responsible for a puppy being sick but it's ok to ignore what I saw about giving my daughter stuff.