Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday Scribblings #18

This week's prompt is Solace and after the week I've had I need to find solace in something. To be funny I would say I found solace in a bottle of tequila but I don't think anyone would find that funny (right?). But I did take a couple of shots at home after I got Halley home. But the thing that has given me solace thru this whole thing was knowing that Halley is a strong dog. That she is ok, and will be ok, and that the car is only metal. I have to take comfort in the fact that even though she is as beat up as she is (did you look at the pictures? very messy) she is still in good moods. Even when we were at the vets office waiting to be seen, she wanted people to pet her. Yesterday I took her for a walk, even though it's hard for her to get out the door, she wanted to go. She wanted to go longer than I thought she should have. She has such a great heart that it gives me comfort that she wanted to be here, that she fought to stay and not leave me so soon.