Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday Scribblings #17

Photobucket



It's Sunday and time for me to do some thinking. This week's prompt is ghosts, do you believe?

No not in the X-files kind of way but in the "life after death" kind of way. That would be. I believe there are ghosts/spirits out there and in my house and at the library and the local park ghosts are everywhere. I have no problem with them. For the most part I think they are mis-understood. I think there are plenty of them out there that had great lives, happy ones, and something happened to them.

I remember when I was in junior high or maybe even in elementary school, that a friend and I used an Ouija board to see if there were ghosts in the house that she lived in. Long story short, there was and we saw proof of it in an unsettling way. This is not the kind of ghost that I am happy with. I like the ones that move things around in the house when no one is there. You know, the ones that turn the light on in the bathroom when you know you turned it off, or put the milk back in the fridge when you left it on the counter. These are the kind of ghosts that I like. I acknowledge their presences, say thank you for putting something away for me, that kind of thing.

What about you? Do you believe? Are they out there for you? Watching over you