Saturday, February 16, 2008

It's a wonderful night!!!

As I sit here surfing the web and messing around on the computer, after making 3 batches of cheese muffins, Savie is laying on the floor with Halley using her as a pillow.

Halley is the best dog in the world and, as you can see, Savie loves her to. Photobucket Halley will be 8 yrs old next month and I don't know what I will do when she is no longer with us. She has a bad hip or knee, I'm not sure which, but she follows that old saying about dogs being like their owners. Anyways, when I was pregnant with Savie the last trimester we were worried about how Halley and Jess, my husband's dog, would react to her. But she was fine. They both got in the bed with me when I was in labor and wouldn't leave me until I left for the hospital. When I came home they sniffed and walked away. They didn't really seem to care.
When Savie was a baby and in her swing Halley never hit her with her tail, even though she hits everyone else without a thought (does she really think about it?) And now that Savie is a rough and tumble little girl who would much rather roll around in the dirt then play nice, Halley will just let her roll all over her. I love that Halley loves her and will let her do just about anything to her. Pull her ears, her lips, yank on her tail, she just lays there and takes it until she's she had enough. Then she goes and pouts by the front door until I let her out. What a great baby.