Thursday, February 21, 2008

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Freakout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I am trying really hard to calm down right now so forgive me if I don't make a lot of sense. Anyone who has ever lived in AZ knows that there is a lot of wildlife around. Coyotes. Bears. Wolves. Mountain Cats. Javelina's. Deer. I know this. I've lived here for 4 years and have seen my share of coyotes and wolves and javelina's. The mountatin is our backyard. All of these animals walk by our house at night, maybe a javelina in the back once in awhile during the day. We try not to go out there when they are around. I don't want to bother them or scare them away. Two years ago my husband did some work trimming a tree for our landlord and left all the brush on a trailer above the house. Every night we watched the deer come down and eat of it. It was so interesting for Savie to sit in the window seat and watch them. I really want to buy a salt lick for them to watch them more often. I love to watch the animals around here. I just don't want them very close to me.

I just went out to close my gate so Halley, my dog, can go out without me having to out with her. I was talking on the phone with a friend and looked back to see the moon when I saw/heard something outside the gate. I turned...........and saw........ a javelina!!!!!!!A big one, no more then 50 yards away from me!!!!!! I screamed, almost dropped the phone and ran (tried to keep my slippers on) back into the house.

It was just to much. I can't believe I was that close to one and didn't know it until it made some noise. I'm just lucky it was busy eating and didn't want to chase after me.