Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday Scribbling

This Sunday's topic is sleep.

I have never really slept thru the night.........in my entire life. At least that's what my mother tells me. But I am a not owl. I would much rather do something during the night then do it during the day. Even now I can not go to bed until almost midnight, which is not such a great thing when your child wakes up at 7:30 every morning without fail. But I can get by with 6 hours of sleep.

Now my daughter, she is another story. She is what my father calls "a Ford baby", I'm not totally sure what that means but I know that for her it means she can sleep just about anywhere. We've driven to California several times and she sleeps for most of the trip. Even when we drove to Idaho she slept a lot in the car, which is such a great thing when you have a lot of distance to travel but not so great when it's just the two of us. She falls asleep in bed and wanders all over it. She sleeps the long way over pillows, kicking hubby in the head. (But that's what he gets for sleeping with his back to her, lol.) She is out cold when she's asleep, something that I envy. But I'm guessing she gets ability to sleep from her father.

And speaking of Daddy he sleeps so hard and so loud I don't know how I sleep. He sleeps and snores that's probably why I wait so long to go to bed. There are nights when he snores and the whole bed shakes. It's funny. Sometimes. I wish I could sleep like the two of them, yet here I am, staying up until midnight watching TV and blogging.