Sunday, April 27, 2008

I love my house

even though most nights I can't say that. What with the javelina's and skunks trying to get into the yard. It's the whole reason I can't compost in my yard and I really want to. I'm afraid that even the flowers I have started now will not make it. But now I am sitting here at 1 am in the morning (Sunday) watching a small fox come down and get food that was suppose to be in my compost pile. It's been so cute to see this. He's small, almost cat like but the ears are to pointed to be a cat and I know what a fox looks like. We had a kit fox that came around a lot last summer but haven't seen it this year so far. Uh oh, I think we have a problem, a skunk just showed up and wants to eat to. Ok scared it off, without having to go outside, and now I'm just waiting for the little guy to come back. To bad Savie is asleep, she would have gotten such a kick out of seeing this.

This is one of the reasons I love this house. It's so close to the mountains that wild animals will walk by without thinking about how close they are to where people are.