Thursday, April 10, 2008

I love spring but........

my nose isn't that crazy about it. I wake up sneezing and have a sore throat before I even get out of bed. I love watching the desert change from a boring, icky brown to a nice shade of green around here but my nose doesn't seem to care for it which I find a little odd since I have never had a problem with flowers blooming, pet dander, etc until I moved to AZ (which is something I've heard form a lot of people that live here. And the winds are not helping. The past couple of days have been awful, this past week and a half actually. We have had wind advisories all week which means that we have had winds, not gust mind you, winds of up 35 MPH. Did I move to Chicago or something? This makes it a little hard to line dry clothes. At least 2 things have to be re-washed because they flew off the line and have been lying in a cactus bush (trust me they have to be washed again those are small thorns that have to be washed out). I try to get a load up and drying early in the morning before the wind has a chance to pick up speed and nothing flies off, but if not that means that there will be a load drying overnight and I have to hope that nothing blows off during the night and javelina's, deer, or some other wild animal goes on it.

So where was I? OH right talking about the beauty of spring. I have been getting up early all week to go the Sam's, the daycare/dance studio that is down the street from me. I am going to go back to school this summer and start taking classes to be a preschool teacher so I can take over her place (oh Sam is a real person not just the name) when she is ready to retire. Well I thought I would have time to at least get a year of school in before she was ready to go but I don't think I will have that much time. She is talking about leaving at the end of the summer?!?!?!? Can you tell that I'm a little scared? Does it show in my writing? I am not ready for this, mentally, financially, or physically. I have been getting up at 6 am for the past 3 mornings and I am so ready to take a nap by 1pm. And then I sleep for 3 hrs!!!! And so does Savie!!!! This is making nights hard on both of us. But I think it's because we aren't used to it. I mean as I'm writing this she is laying on the couch trying to sleep (it's 10pm right now). But I will do this. This is something I want to do and I like Sam's. It will be sad when she goes.

On a lighter note though, I think my microwave is dying. Tuesday afternoon I came home to a microwave that was turned off. Now I have taken to unplugging things that don't really need to be plugged in all the time, i.e. curling iron, phone charger, that kind of stuff so I jut thought that maybe I unplugged it and didn't remember doing it. But that was not the case, half the buttons on it are not working and it shut itself off twice last night when I was warming stuff up. Great I know this is going to just up and die on me soon and I don't have the money to buy a new one right now. And then for good measure the space heater in the bathroom is trying to die to. Can't wait for it to get warm.