Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday Scribblings #108

This weeks prompt is perfectly fitting for Earth Day.

Is there Hope for the Future of the Planet?


That is a good question. I do think that there are plenty of things that we can do differently. The use of gas, being green, eating organic, fair trade items, recycling, the list goes on and on. But what can we do on a personal level? Not shop as much? That's pretty easy with the way the gas prices are rising. Buy organic? Fair trade? Shop at your local Co-op or farmer's Market. I think that's a pretty easy thing. It also gives you another chance to spend time with your kids. When I thought about this prompt I thought about the things that I do to be green and help the planet. A lot of this is stuff that I do. I try to walk more often to the things that are close and that will be the case until it gets to hot. I am trying to get into the habit of taking the bus across town for library day. When I go out to the store, which is across town, I try to make it a big trip, something to justify the drive. I am even trying to make my trips to Walmart a big one, get the food I need (it's a super walmart) and other things like toilet paper and clothes all in one trip.

I personally feel that everyone should do something, whether it's a big thing like drive a hybrid car or use public transportation all the time, or something small like packing a lunch when you to to work. Every little thing counts no matter what it is.