Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Am I a Bad Mother??

I have never been a very 'touchy feely' person. I am not big on hugs, kisses, PDA, stuff like that. (makes you wonder just how it is that I got pregnant in the first place, huh?) Sitting on an airplane/bus/ movie theater is to close. I have a tendency to lean away from people, I sit across from people when we sit down to eat. I just don't like to be that close to people, don't ask me why. It's almost cat-like, meaning that it has to be on my terms (all you cat owners know that's true, lol)

Hubby understands this and deals with it while Savie on the other hand doesn't understand it. She is always rubbing my arm, trying to sit in my lap, hugging my leg, etc and it. bugs. me. I am mean really bugs me. I can't sit next to her on the couch. She has to sit on the other end, it's not a big couch in my defense.

Does this make me a bad mother? Is my child going to remember that I wouldn't let her sit next to me on the couch? That every time she tried to hug me I pushed her away?