Sunday, March 16, 2008

Menu Planning

Mom is in the fishbowl: Raisin Bread French Toast



For the past 3 weeks I have been planning my menus out and so far I have been really good about sticking to it. There have been a couple of days where I not been in the mood to cook or we've gone out for dinner, stuff like that. And in honor of Mom is in the fishbowl here's one of my favorite weekend breakfasts. It's Overnight French Toast.
I make the "Batter" just like you normally do (I never measure sorry) and I try to use French toast bread when I can find it since the slices are nice and thick. Tear the bread into pieces and put into a good size casserole dish. Sometimes I use banana's slices in the bread or blueberries. Then pour the batter over everything, then I top it some more cinnamon. Put it in the fridge overnight and then bake in an oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes covered and then another 10 minutes uncovered. There are lots more over at Allrecipes.com. I love that website.